Saturday, March 3, 2007

3.3.2007: Manwhore

The Guy and The Brother.

THE BROTHER
Manwhore.

THE GUY
Ouch.

THE BROTHER
Well, you are.

THE GUY
No, I am not.

THE BROTHER
Whatever.

THE GUY
I’m just having a little run of good luck in the dating department.

The Brother gives him a look of, “Who you foolin’?”

THE GUY (cont.)
I’ve met a couple of nice boys. That’s it. It just seems like I’m suddenly a manwhore after several years of being with one person.

THE BROTHER
I still say you’re a bit of a manwhore.

Suddenly, funky music starts. Issac Hayes funky.

Maybe a disco ball descends.

Manwhore appears. He’s a swaggering piece of fella. Pimped out in velvet with an open collared shirt, chains, a hat with a feather on it. Possibly a cane. A 70s blacksploitation hero come to life.


He comes over to the Guy.

MANWHORE
Hey.

THE GUY
Yes?

Manwhore gives The Guy a really good once-over, looking him over from top to bottom.

MANWHORE
Looking good, my brother. Looking good.

Manwhore offers a very cool high-five hand shake thing. The Guy accepts, but sort of screws it up. Manwhore smiles, and struts off. The music ends. Things return to normal.

THE BROTHER
I told you. You’re a manwhore.

THE GUY
I am not a manwhore.

THE BROTHER
Whatever.

The Guy turns and gestures offstage.

Nothing happens.

He tries again.

Nothing happens again.

He’s frustrated.


THE GUY
Dammit.

THE BROTHER
What’s wrong?

THE GUY
I was trying to get the Giant Bear to come and eat you again.

THE BROTHER
Asshole.

THE GUY
But I don’t know where he is.

The funky music. And Manwhore and Giant Bear cross the stage, together, clearly off to do some inappropriate business.

THE BROTHER
Okay, okay. You’re not as much a manwhore as that guy is.

THE GUY
Thank you.

The funky music plays as the lights go out.

3 comments:

Trefor said...

It's funny you shouldl mention manwhores...there was once a time when people thought I was a man whore when infact I was a virgin...funny how that happens!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA! at least the Giant Bear is getting some.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to use this for energy circle some day.