Thursday, January 25, 2007

1.22.2007: The Guy's Got Game

The Guy, again. Get used to it. He’ll be here a lot.

Alone, this time.

THE GUY
The hardest part about waiting

is the waiting.

The Fella appears. He’s playing bongos. The Nintendo kind, for a video game.

THE FELLA
Yellow, you hit left.
Red, you hit right.

THE GUY
And the stuff you’re waiting for
isn’t even the stuff you think you’d be waiting for.

THE FELLA
Pink, you hit both of ‘em.

THE GUY
It’s not that you want everything.

THE FELLA
Clap when you see the little explosion thing.

THE GUY
You just want the stuff that makes
the waiting

worth the wait.

THE FELLA
Got it?

THE GUY
Yeah.

THE FELLA
Let’s play.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't want to make you feel old, but I've never played this. However, if this is a game from your childhood, then let me tell you about the game of mine: Guitar Hero II. It's my guilty pleasure, my tragic flaw. If it had been around, Gatsby would have played it. So addicting...