Sunday, January 28, 2007

1.28.2007: Hatfields and Macoys

A cornfield appears on stage, and it’s a really nice one, too – the kind you’d expect in an MGM musical. If there were lots of cornfields in MGM musicals.

The Guy appears. He’s a vision in overalls, a straw hat, full hillbilly regalia.

He’s also got a shotgun.

A crow lands on an ear of corn near him.

He aims, cocks the gun.


THE GUY
Don’t you worry, my friend. I got my crow hunting hat on.

He doesn’t assume as he’s about to shoot that the crow has come because of him. He doesn’t assume anything really. He just wants to make sure that a cornfield as nice one is doesn’t have any crows in it.

He won’t shoot while the lights are up.

Because that would get messy.

So the lights go down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must confess that when people don't have fireworks in their eyes, I sometimes shoot them. That's not a good thing.