Friday, January 26, 2007

1.26.2007: And We Mark the Place So We Remember

The Guy appears. He’s carrying a big flag – proud, extravagant, triumphant. He marches center stage and sticks it in the stage floor. Heraldic music. The Guy, puffed up and beaming, stands beside the flying flag.

A Tour Guide suddenly appears. She’s perky.

TOUR GUIDE
Right this way, everyone.

A throng of tourists appears. They gather around the flag.

TOUR GUIDE (cont.)
And this, everyone, is the place where the Guy finally stopped being a chickenshit.

The tourists ooh and aah. Flashes from cameras. Much tourist interest.

TOUR GUIDE (cont.)
And now if you’ll follow me, we’ll see the place Issac Hayes wrote “Shaft.”

The throng of tourists gets even more excited and they hurry off behind the tour guide.

The Guy, alone with his flag, seems pleased.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha. Shaft! You damn right!

Anonymous said...

"And this is where one guy left a blog comment about this scene about me, and he wrote, 'And this is where one guy left a...'"

Anonymous said...

I like perky tour guides...reminds me of the tourguide Sondra (my bestest galpal...and she's not a lesbian) and I had when we went to the Hoover Dam. What I remember as being the BEST part was when some tourists got off at one of the hotels on the Vegas strip and he calls out to them as they get off the bus: "Viva Las Vegas...but watch your step"...actually, that's not as funny as I had intended it to be *sigh*