Sunday, April 29, 2007

4.29.2007: Now For The Thing That Comes Next

The Guy and Life/Play, physicalized.

LIFE/PLAY
Still waiting?

THE GUY
Yep.

LIFE/PLAY
Nervous, huh?

THE GUY
You know it.

LIFE/PLAY
Me, too.

THE GUY
I’ve been telling myself, “It’s okay if they say no.”

LIFE/PLAY
Well, it is.

THE GUY
And it isn’t.

LIFE/PLAY
Yeah. And it isn’t.

THE GUY
I tell myself, “If it doesn’t happen, it just wasn’t meant to.”

LIFE/PLAY
Exactly.

THE GUY
But I really want it to happen.

LIFE/PLAY
Me, too.

They wait for the response that’s coming. It might come today. Maybe tomorrow. But it’s coming. And if it goes one way, it makes the future a whole lot more fabulous. If it goes the other way, it just means that there’s a longer road to travel.

But they both know, as they wait, that no matter what the response is, this thing will continue.

The Guy looks at Life/Play. He’s happy with what he sees.

The lights go down.

1 comment:

Casey said...

He made it?

No one knows...