Saturday, May 19, 2007

5.19.2007: The Place You End and I Begin

The Guy and Nate. The lines happen as if one long uninterrupted sentence.

THE GUY
Something happens when two people…

NATE
… connect. You can’t really tell…

THE GUY
… where one begins…

NATE
…and the other ends…

THE GUY
… You just know that these people…

NATE
… for this moment that they’re together…

THE GUY
… are really just occupying the same space…

NATE
… and the distinctions…

THE GUY
…evaporate…

NATE
… and the boundaries…

THE GUY
… blur…

NATE
… and happiness…

THE GUY
… happiness…

NATE
… feels inevitable.

A breath.

The Guy whispers the following to Nate.

THE GUY
I knew from the second you came through my door hours before you were expected that I was going to have a terrific time with you. Because the second I saw you, I felt myself relax. I didn’t wanna impress you or ask you how you felt or discuss the current state of our relationship (because I tend to do that sometimes, with guys I like, I tend to cloud things over with too much noise instead of just letting it be) ---

I just wanted to walk over to you, kiss you, give you a hug, and enjoy you being next to me.

If you don’t mind, I kinda wanna keep that up.

Nate smiles. Nate grabs the Guy’s waist and pulls him close. The Guy leans against Nate.

For a second, it’s impossible to tell where one ends and the other begins.

No comments: