Thursday, May 24, 2007

5.24.2007: Because He Told Me He Looks Forward To These

The Guy is very tired. He’s on a trip to Houston, a job-related thing. He drove four hours after being at school all day (even hitting a half-hour stretch of single-lane traffic during which he never seemed to break 20 miles an hour). He didn’t reallt stop until about 10:30 -- made for a very long day.

And he sat here at the computer, really wanting to just turn the damn thing off and not write a play. Because it happens, right? It happens that you don’t get to things when you want to. It happens that you put something off because you know you won’t be able to give it your best. It happens that he sometimes decides not to write a play when he knows it’s just gonna be one of those stage-direction-only plays that irritate some people.

But The Guy is going to put something down on paper. Because he told me he looks forward to these, Nate does. And I know he checks them, too. I see the comments he leaves behind.
And I want to make him happy. Because I’ve noticed that in making him happy, my own day is made a little brighter.

I know, I know, stop writing about Nate already (I can hear some of your groaning this every time he shows up in a play) but he is what is on my mind when I opened this file to type this play.

He is what is happening to me.

So that’s what’s I’m writing about.

Because he told me he looks forward to these. And that made me smile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make me so happy... and don't write if you don't feel like the work will be up to par, you can write when you're good and rested... its ok :-)... i just look forward to them, just like i look forward to you, and these plays are little pieces of you that I can have everyday until we're closer... so don't complain and feel pressured, if you don't want to write cause you've been driving all day or got second place in a jump rope competition and are sunburnt so bad you cant type... its ok... much love