Sunday, May 20, 2007

5.20.2007: 31/27 (Your Birthday is My Birthday, Too)

The Guy and The Brother. A birthday cake.

THE GUY
Happy birthday!

THE BROTHER
Happy birthday!

THE GUY
You’re old.

THE BROTHER
Not as old as you.

THE GUY
True. 31.

THE BROTHER
27.

THE GUY
And the years march on…

THE BROTHER
All over your fucking midsection.

THE GUY
God, ain’t that the truth.

THE BROTHER
Another year begins.

THE GUY
Yes it does.

THE BROTHER
I have a good feeling about this one.

THE GUY
Me, too. I like the way it started.

THE BROTHER
I’m sure you did. Manwhore.

THE GUY
Shut up.

THE BROTHER
Truth hurts.

THE GUY
You know, I’m glad we were born on the same day.

THE BROTHER
Really? Because at first…

THE GUY
Well, yeah, at first I hated your guts.

THE BROTHER
See…

THE GUY
But now… I’m glad this day is yours as well.

THE BROTHER
Me, too.

THE GUY
You know, the best thing about sharing my birthday with you is that I never feel like I’m in the world alone. A new year starts, and no matter where I am, and no matter where you are, we always start it together.

I like that.

THE BROTHER
Me, too.

THE GUY
So we should really blow these candles out.

THE BROTHER
How many are there?

THE GUY
Not the actual number we’d need for both of our birthdays.

THE BROTHER
We’d be a fire hazard.

THE GUY
I know.

THE BROTHER
31/27.

THE GUY
What are you gonna wish for?

THE BROTHER
I can’t tell you.

THE GUY
Stupid tradition.

THE BROTHER
Cynic.

THE GUY
Bitch.

THE BROTHER
I love you.

THE GUY
Love you, too.

They blow the candles out. And with them, so go the lights.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that is probably the cutest thing I have read in quite a while. I love it.