Monday, February 19, 2007

2.19.2007: Good Company

The Guy and The Guy Back When.

THE GUY BACK WHEN
Can I ask you something?

THE GUY
Sure.

THE GUY BACK WHEN
Do you ever regret being me?

THE GUY
No.

Well…

Not really.

I mean I do sort of regret all the time you spent being an asshole to people because you were too insecure to just be yourself.

And you probably should have screwed around less.

And I’m not criticizing, but you should really drink less at cast parties. Because I know every time you think that this cast party will be different, and you can hold your liquor this time, but the truth is you ALWAYS end up making out with someone, saying something really mean that you don’t remember later, or throwing up in someone’s toilet.

But no. I don’t regret being you.

THE GUY BACK WHEN
Good.

You know, ten, fifteen years from now, there’s gonna be another version of you that’s gonna be looking back at you the way you’re looking at me.

THE GUY
I know.

THE GUY BACK WHEN
I wonder what he’s gonna say about you?

THE GUY
Hopefully the same things I said about you.

THE GUY BACK WHEN
You don’t mind that I’m taking this trip with you, do you?

THE GUY
Nah. Not at all. You’re good company.

The lights go down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so simple and clear.

Anonymous said...

some people say that you shouldn't hold onto what or who you were...or hold onto your past because it ends up haunting you...but how can you clearly see who and what you are without remembering who and what you were?